OAK BROOK, Ill. – May 10, 2021
Industrial Steam has completed the install of a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC). In the processing plant of a global brand confectionery company located in Chicago, IL. The programmable logic controller is a single microprocessor-
Industrial Steam custom designs, manufactures and programs PLCs for all industries including food processing, hospitals, pharmaceutical, medical devices, corrugating plants, steel production, and others that require digital on/off processing in automating applications.
Industrial Steam’s PLC controls can be added to any complete deaerator system to have centralized control of all analog (level pressure) and discrete (alarm points) control points in your system. Industrial Steam is a leader in the industry when it comes to controls for deaerators, surge tanks and pump staging. The PLC can be used to stage pumps on and off, modulating variable frequency drives, control level and pressure, all from a easy to use touchscreen interface.
Features & Benefits:
- 7″ or 10″ Touchscreen HMI standard, other sizes optional
- Allen Bradley PLCs & HMIs for familiarity, quality, and longevity
- UL 508A Industrial Control Panels made in the USA
- Lead / Lag / Standby pump staging with time and failure-based rotation
- Analog Inputs/Outputs for monitoring and control of Level, Pressure, & Temperature
- Full VFD speed control via PID loop
- All parameters & settings easily adjustable from the HMI, with no programming required
- Multiple communication interfaces to choose from:
- Modbus RTU or Modbus TCP/IP
- BACnet MS/TP or BACnet/IP
- RS-232 and RS-485 serial
- Programming is custom for each application to reduce clutter and confusion for operators
- Pump timers provide a total run-time for each pump, timers can be re-set when replacing a pump
- Trending screens help visualize system operation over time
- Many custom programming options are available – contact Industrial Steam for details
Industrial Steam is the leading manufacturer of .005 cc/l pressurized and atmospheric deaerators. Along with the time-tested proven spray-type and tray-type designs, Industrial Steam manufactures a unique line of dual compartment systems that provide 100% guaranteed performance that is unmatched in the deaerating industry. It is these innovations in the design of deaerating systems, our understanding and implementation of the controls, and our never ending quest to satisfy our customers, that truly set Industrial Steam apart.